Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"Blog Bits" or "Rants, Raves & Ramblings"



We had the seventeen year old Girlfriend Kid (yes, I just made that up) over for dinner the other night with her boyfriend. When we were saying our good-byes at the door, she uttered the following, "See you later. Love you guys." She's probably said it before, but since I'm on this whole Girlfriend Mom/parent/pseudo responsible adult kick, it touched me in my soft place, usually reserved for stray dogs and Down Syndrome children.

Really? She loves me too? It sounded so matter of fact. So obvious. I felt accepted and loved but anxious and strange at the same time. It's not that I'm not ready for these emotions, it's just that I'm still getting used to the inclusiveness of it all. My boyfriend responded, "Love you too."

When they drove away, I went upstairs to analyze, deconstruct and then analyze some more, what had happened. And during the press conference I had with myself in my head, I said, "I love you too, Girlfriend Kid." And I meant it.

Okay, so later that night, my boyfriend told me that he told the Girlfriend Kid that if she wanted to, she could live with us during the summer (If she doesn't stay at college and work) Ummm, dinner is one thing, but nightly? For 3 months?

My boyfriend keeps bacon fat (or any extra grease) in a mug (what was once my favorite mug) and it sits on the kitchen counter near the stove because he doesn't think it can be poured down the sink drain. Thoughts? Anyone?

I had ants in the bathroom the other day and I noticed them just as I stepped into the bathtub. So while submerged, I was killing ants all around me. It grossed me out and when I yelled for my boyfriend (to do what, I don't know) this is what he yelled back, "Oh, really." Cut to huge ass pause, and then, "Hey, babe, American Idol is on." I'm killing ants while I bathe. It gives multitasking a whole new meaning.



I don't want to get all into the Pia-American Idol b.s. but let me just say that, although technically her voice probably was one of the best, it's called SHOW BUSINESS. It's the business of SHOW and personally, she didn't show me anything. I'm not about to pay to see her standing still on stage and sing. She has a record deal, so she'll be fine, people, relax.



This is how connected and alike my boyfriend and I are. Last night I was reading, "The Eichmann Trial" by Deborah E. Lipstadt and he was watching the G-String Divas. And black out.

No comments: